Please note that not all shore excursions are available on all sailings. Descriptions and pricing may vary. Shore excursions will not be available for pre-booking until approximately 60 days prior to sailing (with the exception of the Romantic Escapades excursions). New tours, not previously listed for online sales, may be available onboard without prior notice. If you have questions or would like to pre-reserve please contact our Reservation Department at 1 (800) 848-6172 for assistance.
Once onboard, please refer to the tour descriptions for full details or consult with the Travel Concierge Team for further information.
Lagoon discovery with snorkeling
Duration: 3 h 30 Total : $105
Experience the beauty of Cook's and Opunohu Bays from above and below the water during this snorkeling and beach adventure aboard a modern covered boat.
Depart the pier aboard a comfortable and modern boat featuring covered areas designed to protect you from the direct rays of the sun. As you cruise along these majestic bays, your captain will inform you about the legends, geography, and flora and fauna of Moorea.
Next, you will continue on to a gorgeous sandy islet surrounded by transparent turquoise waters that are shallow enough to walk comfortably in the sea. Upon arrival, you will have a rare opportunity to feed the awaiting rays; they will gracefully glide around you in exchange for a piece of fish. Your tour will conclude with a stop at another uninhabited islet nearby. Here, you will be served refreshments and have an opportunity to explore the beach and swim. You will also be invited to go snorkeling in water 6-10 feet (2-3 meters) deep. Snorkeling is performed in the shallow waters off the boat, providing an excellent opportunity for both experienced snorkeler and beginners. The boat's ladders extend deep into the water, making it easy to embark and disembark the craft.
Following your visit, you will be transferred back to the pier.
- This tour is recommended for guests in good physical condition. Guests must be comfortable wearing the snorkeling equipment provided for this tour. The snorkeling locations selected may vary depending upon lagoon conditions that include current and visibility. Wear a swimsuit under a cover up, and bring sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses and a towel as well as your snorkel gear from the ship.
Excursion Code: PFMOO63
Wave runner adventure
Duration: 2 h 00 Total : $239
Experience Moorea's idyllic coastal beauty in an exciting new way during this fun-filled wave runner adventure. Depart the pier for the boat transfer to the wave runner center.
Upon arrival, you will receive your safety and simple operating instructions from your guide, then embark your wave runner and begin your ride. Led by your guide, you will cruise either along the west coast of Moorea or through the spectacular Opunohu Bay or Cook's Bay.
Along the way, a stop will be made at Motu Ono for an opportunity to feed elegant and graceful rays as they swim around you in the shallow water. Fresh fruit and beverages will then be served on the motu.
Following your visit, you will be transferred to the wave runner center, then back to the pier.
- This tour is priced per wave runner, which can accommodate two average-sized adults, maximum weight per wave runner is 500 lbs. Please select only one ticket for 2 guests. You will be required to wear a lifejacket during the ride, remain in line and follow no closer than 30- yards behind your guide. There is a small storage compartment on board the wave runner. The total wave runner ride is approximately 45-50 minutes. The minimum age to drive is 16 years and minimum 10 years to be accompanied by an adult. This tour is recommended for guests in good physical condition. Guests with back and/or neck problems are discouraged to participate on this tour.
Excursion Code: PFMOO64
Trails of the ancients trek
Duration: 4 h 00 Total : $105
Do not Miss this fun, informative, and interactive visit to a relatively little visited side of Tahiti, as on-board lecturer archaeologist Mark Eddowes leads a unique cultural tour of the upland rain forest of Opunohu valley. Mark Eddowes has worked clearing, mapping, excavating and restoring archaeological sites in the Opunohu valley since the 1980s. He works particularly on the life of the ancient Tahitians in this natural environment, studying their ancient habitation sites, agricultural terrace complexes, stone tool workshops, and ancient temples or marae. The recognized expert on the marae of the Society Islands, Mark will share with you his research results into the history of the temples, the rituals practice there, and the warrior chiefs associated with them.
You will also learn about the uses in ancient times of the flora and tree species of the island for canoe manufacture, medicinal uses, and the sculpture of ti'i (tiki figures) and traditional house manufacture. Also, on the itinerary of this tour are the landing site of Captain James Cook in 1777, the Opunohu agricultural school, and Belvedere lookout point. Then, follow shady trails within the forest, between the ancient archaeological sites.
Your transport will be on the traditional Le Truck, providing vista views and spectacular scenery along the way.
- The forest trails are all downhill but can be slick after rain, and tree roots sometimes cross the trails. Insect repellent is provided. Bamboo staffs are provided to give stability if needed. A second Tahitian guide is always at the back of the line for any additional aid during the trek. Bring some money, as purchases (organic vanilla, native jam preserves, and real vanilla ice cream!) can be bought at the agricultural school. A small bottle of water is also recommended for the trek. Not recommended for people with heart disease, lung disease, or muscle, joint, or balance problems. Total length of the tour is 4 hours, 2 of which are spent walking the miles through the forest. On Sundays, the Agricultural School is closed.
Excursion Code: PFMOO65
Aito Off-Road safari
Duration: 3 h 30 Total : $95
Explore the volcanic crater from which Moorea was created during this scenic, off-road island safari via off-road vehicle.
Depart the pier in an off-road vehicle for a journey inside the volcanic crater from which Moorea was created. En route, you will discover the heart of a huge pineapple plantation inside the island's deepest valley. Moorea, Polynesian's Green Garden, is renowned for its Agricultural School, which receives students from all the outer islands. A stop will be made here to sample some homemade jam. Ice cream and local fruit juices will also be available for purchase.
Your guide will then drive you across a large plantation filled with vanilla, bananas, grapefruits, and oranges, and will acquaint you with the island's diverse flora and fauna. Next, you will continue to an open-air temple, or marae.
After a stop to learn about the Polynesian culture, you will ascend to the top of Belvedere lookout for spectacular vistas over Cook's and Opunohu Bays. You will then descend that mountain and proceed to Magic Mountain, where a little path surrounded by grapefruit, lemon, and orange trees opens up to a panoramic view stretching across Opunohu Bay, the lagoon, and the sea.
Your tour will conclude with a stop at the Fruit Juice Factory and Distillery of Moorea to sample their liquors. Following your visit, you will re-board the off-road vehicle for your return ride to the pier.
- This tour involves very bumpy roads, steep ascents and descents, and a short but steep hike to the viewpoint on the mountain. This tour is not recommended for guests with back and/or neck problems, guests who suffer from vertigo or motion sickness, or guests with limited mobility. The itinerary may be modified depending on weather conditions. Please wear comfortable walking shoes, insect repellent, a hat, and sunglasses. Guests are asked to remain seated in the vehicle, as standing can be dangerous. Must be a minimum of 8 years old to participate.
Excursion Code: PFMOO66
Aquablue – Underwater walk
Duration: 3 h 30 Total : $125
Explore Moorea's splendid marine life in a unique new way during this underwater walking and snorkeling adventure.
Depart the pier for the drive to the Intercontinental Moorea Resort & Spa. Upon arrival, you will meet your instructor, then be outfitted with your wet suit and water shoes before embarking on a 10-minute boat ride inside the majestic lagoon of Moorea. The crew will anchor the boat off the coast of Motu Fareone or inside the lagoon in Papetoai (depending on sea and weather conditions). Your certified diving instructor will explain your safety and diving instructions, help you put on your helmet, and assist you with descending the ladder into the crystal-clear water.
You will then commence your 30-minute underwater adventure at a depth of 12 feet. Along the way, you will see an abundance of fish that include triggerfish, butterfly fish, groupers, and parrotfish, swimming amid beautiful coral heads. Stingrays are also plentiful at this dive spot. While your guide feeds them, you will be able to take a closer look at these unusual ocean denizens.
Following your tour, you will be returned to the pier.
- This does not require any prior scuba or snorkeling experience beyond being comfortable on and in the water. Guests will spend approximately 30 minutes underwater. The helmet, while heavy, is placed on your head as you enter the water and taken off as you exit. You will remain connected to the boat's air supply via an air hose. This tour is not recommended for guests with back and/or neck problems, or guests with asthma. Due to tour operator's insurance requirements, guests must sign a waiver before enjoying this tour. Please wear a swimsuit under a cover-up with reef or water shoes (no flip-flop sandals), sunscreen, and bring a towel from the ship.
Excursion Code: PFMOO67
Duration: 1 h 30 Total : $120
Discover the scenic magnificence of Moorea during a memorable sunset cruise.
Depart the pier aboard a luxurious catamaran, and set sail to Moorea's north coast for a visit to two of French Polynesian's most beautiful bays, Cook's and Opunohu. Enjoy the breathtaking views and photo opportunities of Moorea. You will be served a cocktail or a glass of wine while sitting back and taking in the beauty of your surroundings.
Following the sunset cruise, you will return to the pier.
- Participants will be required to take off their shoes prior to boarding the catamaran. The boat captain may decide to restrict outside sailing and modify the itinerary depending on prevailing weather conditions, winds, and currents. Kindly note that the use of sails is weather dependent.
Excursion Code: PFMOO68
Capture Moorea – Photo adventure
Duration: 4 h 00 Total : $150
If you love photography, then do not miss this unique and exclusive half-day guided photo tour of Moorea with accomplished professional photographer Renaud Fayada.
Depart the pier aboard a private, off-road vehicle, accompanied by Renaud, who will offer photographic tips and interesting information about the island throughout the tour. Begin with a drive to the interior of the island, along large pineapple fields and past sub-tropical forests dotted with ancient archaeological sites. En route, a stop will be made at Belvedere lookout point for spectacular views and photo opportunities of Rotui, a beautiful mountain separating Cook's Bay and the pristine Opunohu Bay. Next, you will ride along the coastal road to the island's west coast, where you will take in expansive views of lush green vegetation, beautifully manicured gardens, a turquoise blue lagoon, and the Pacific Ocean's endless horizon. Weather permitting, you will see sites that include the famed Magic Mountain, which overlooks the northern part of the island and offers spectacular aerial views of the barrier reef. Highlight of this photo adventure will include visits to off-road locations in the island's interior. You will also visit the Papetoai fishing village and the interior of the crater.
- A maximum of seven guests will be permitted on this tour, which will be adapted to the weather forecast and the light of the day. As this tour involves travel over bumpy surfaces, guests with back and or neck problems, guests with limited mobility, and guests who utilize a wheelchair are discouraged from participating. Wear comfortable clothing, and bring sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and a camera.
Excursion Code: PFMOO70
Duration: 3 h 00 Total : $130
Explore Moorea's beauty from above and below the water during this relaxing sailing and snorkeling excursion aboard a catamaran.
Depart the pier aboard the beautiful, 43-foot catamaran, and sail to Moorea's northern coast, then on to a pair of French Polynesian's most beautiful bays: Cook's and Opunohu. En route, you can sit back and relax, or savor a fruit juice under the canopy astern. Upon reaching Opunohu Bay, the captain will drop anchor in the clear blue waters of the lagoon. After receiving your safety and snorkeling instructions, you will have the chance to discover the underwater tiki place and the marine life residing there, including coral formations and reef fish.
Afterwards, you will set sail toward Cook's Bay before returning to your ship. The well-equipped catamaran offers facilities that include a rest room and shower, and a shaded area with comfortable seats.
- Entry into and out of the water is by a vertical ladder, aft of the catamaran. Sailing time and itinerary is subject to wind and current conditions. You will be required to remove your shoes upon boarding the vessel. Wear a swimsuit under a cover-up, and bring sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses and a towel from the ship. Bring also your snorkel gear from the ship. The itinerary may change subject to wind and weather conditions. Kindly note that the use of sails is weather dependent.
Excursion Code: PFMOO71
Moorea by catajets
Duration: 2 h 00 Total : $299
Get an up-close look at Tahiti's idyllic beauty from above and below sea level during this catajet and snorkeling adventure in Moorea.
Depart the pier for the boat transfer to the base. Upon arrival, you will receive your safety and riding instructions from your guide, then embark your two-seat catajet for a 1.5-hour ride in an idyllic lagoon on Moorea. Led by your guide at an easy speed, you will take in panoramic views of the East Coast and Cook and Opunohu Bays, or the West Coast (weather permitting).
Next, a stop will be made for snorkeling in the shallow waters. After putting on your mask, fins and snorkel, you will explore the beauty of the tropical fish and coral formations. Your adventure will continue with a stop on a sand bar, where you will have an opportunity to play with stingrays.
Following refreshments, you will return to the catajet base, then be transferred back to the pier.
- This tour is recommended for guests in good physical condition. This tour is not recommended for guests with neck or back problems, or guests with limited mobility. Each catajet is equipped with a fabric Bimini roof, and a small cooler. Please wear your swimsuit under a cover-up, sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and bring snorkeling equipment and a towel from the ship. Since there is no dry compartment, waterproof cameras are recommended. Lifejackets are mandatory. This is a guided tour, and participants are required to follow their guide and instructions. The minimum age to drive a catajet is 16 years old; children participating on this tour must be accompanied by a parent. All participants must be able to swim independently.
Excursion Code: PFMOO73
BBQ on Motu & snorkelling
Duration: 5 h 00 Total : $139
Your boat will take you through the beautiful waters of Cook's and Opunohu Bays whilst enjoying the scenery of the north coast of Moorea. Arrive at the Stingray spot for a moment to swim with these graceful and elegant creatures.
From here you will continue to the private motu where a BBQ lunch awaits you. Water, beer, sodas and soft drinks available with lunch. You will also see the preparation of Poisson Cru with Coconut Milk as well as demonstrations of Coconuts and Pareo tying.
There will be time to swim, snorkel and enjoy the island.
- Please bring your snorkel equipment, beach towel, sunscreen and sunglasses from the ship. Sun chairs are available on the motu and plenty of shade is provided by the trees. Rest room facilities on the motu.
Excursion Code: PFMOO74
ATV guided tour
Duration: 3 h 00 Total : $249
Moorea's spectacular valleys, bays, and vistas are yours to discover during this guided ATV tour through the island.
Depart the pier in Cook's Bay for the brief transfer via minivan to the Hilton Moorea Lagoon & Spa, where the ATVs are based. Upon arrival, you will receive your safety and riding instructions. Then, begin your ATV ride. Your guide will lead you along the road to Belvedere lookout for magnificent views and photo opportunities over Cook's Bay, Opunohu Bay, and Mt. Rotui.
You will also venture across the valley, through a river, and past pineapple fields, and stop at an ancient open-air temple, or marae, to learn about the Polynesian culture. Afterwards, you will continue on to the Moorea Agricultural School, then ride across this large plantation and down to the Paopao Valley.
From here, you will take the main road en route to the Fruit Juice Factory, where you will enjoy a brief stop. Then, ride back to the Hilton Lagoon & Spa.
Upon arrival, you will re-board your minivan for the return ride to the pier.
- For insurance purposes, each driving participant must present credit card details and a valid driver's license and be at least 18 years of age. The minimum age to ride as a passenger on this tour is 6 years old. Protective helmets will be provided, and must be worn throughout the riding portion of this tour. There is no storage compartment; guests are encouraged to keep cameras and personal belongings in a backpack. The cost of this tour is per ATV, which can accommodate two average-sized adults. When pre-requesting this tour, please select only one ticket.
Excursion Code: PFMOO75